Stoughton Hospital Renovation
Stoughton Hospital has developed a comprehensive plan that will help us provide the life giving care our community deserves right now and for future generations. Our comprehensive plan is rooted in the following overall objectives:
- To continue to offer state-of-the-art care for our generation and the next
- To provide a great patient and family experience, every time
- To surpass customer service and quality expectations
- To exceed expectations for safety and security
Our comprehensive plan includes the following renovation and expansion initiatives:
Adding and enhancing specialized treatment rooms in the Emergency Department, including:
- A Behavioral Health room to keep our patients who may become confused or suicidal safe
- Two isolation treatment rooms to protect those patients with infections from other patients in the department. These are used for patients with chicken pox, measles, respiratory infections, etc
- A bariatric room with specialized equipment to help care for and treat larger patients.
- Secured access to patient care areas for the safety of patients and staff
- Two specialized, private trauma rooms
- One specialized pediatric room
- Decontamination area
- Two bay ambulance garage
Expanding Day Surgery and Ambulatory Infusion Center to meet growing volumes, including:
- All private patient rooms
- Two specialized bariatric rooms with specialized equipment to help care for and treat larger patients
- Separate area for Ambulatory Infusion Center patients (these are patients who come in for IV antibiotics, blood transfusions, etc.)
- Secured access to patient care areas for safety
- Adding four private registration stations and a waiting area. This will decrease confusion and make registration a smoother and more private process.
- Incorporating four physician clinic exam rooms to allow for visiting specialists and expansion of physician staff. Providing access to needed specialists decreases the need for our community members to travel for necessary services.
- Improving our Lab area to increase staff efficiency and decrease turn-around times and patient wait times.
- Increasing overall ease of hospital navigation to improve patient and visitor experiences.